We love living in San Marcos, where we’re surrounded by rolling foothills, close to downtown San Diego, and immersed in shopping, art, and culture.
Whether you’re moving to town or just visiting for a weekend, there’s plenty to see and do. Allow us to suggest some of our favorite ways to spend time in San Marcos.
7 Fun Things to Do in San Marcos
- Check out Sunshine Mountain Vineyard. Not only can you sip and sample all varieties of locally-sourced wines, but the hilltop location provides a breathtaking, panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. This is a really great way to immerse yourself in the beauty of northern San Diego.
- Play at Twin Oaks Golf Course. Love golf? The folks at Twin Oaks have you covered. This well-maintained course offers ample challenge for seasoned pros, but is also perfectly accessible to beginners and to golfers of all ages.
- Enjoy a drink at Newtopia Cyder. This independent, hand-crafted cider house is conveniently located in the North City Shopping Center. Stop by and enjoy a refreshing drink made from local, San Diego apples, plus botanical ingredients sourced from around the globe. We’re so proud to have Newtopia as part of the North City family!
- Spend some time at Discovery Lake. There are a lot of cool parks and playgrounds in the greater San Diego area, but our favorite is probably Discovery Lake. Check out the 24 acres of open spaces, the four miles of trails, and even the fishing areas.
- Enjoy some live music. At North City, we offer events, including live music, on a regular basis. Find out more about how you can soak up some good tunes in our outdoor patio area, or as part of the regular Farmers Market.
- Take a hike! There are many excellent hiking trails in San Marcos, but the one we’ll emphasize is Double Peak Park. The round trip distance is about 4.7 miles, and when you reach the summit, you’ll behold an incredible view of coastal San Diego. It’s definitely worth it!
- Chill at Mason Ale Works. Need a little downtime after your hike? Join us at Mason Ale Works for some lovely, locally-crafted beers. (And also, look out for cans in a grocery store near you!)
There’s so much to do in San Marcos, and this list just barely scratches the surface. We hope to see you around town sometime… maybe even here at North City!
(Note: Due to COVID-19, some business hours may be restricted; it’s always best to check with the business before you come in.)